YOU MAY EXPERIENCE: An acute awareness of how food was making you feel before The 21DSD; surprise that you aren’t noticing many cravings anymore.
BREAKFAST | Ground lamb, butternut squash and kale
LUNCH | Roasted chicken legs, green beans, sliced tomato
DINNER | Taco salad – hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, salsa
SNACK | Green-tipped banana, almond butter, raw cacao
What I actually ate:
- Avo-nana smoothie with 2 Tbsp cacao chips (what? I tried something different?! I took my 21DSD book outside to page through it yesterday afternoon while the kids were playing…and my eyes were re-OPENED…I totally forgot about cacao nibs, and the smoothies! HOLY MOLEY! We’ll see how long this keeps me full this morning….trial and error, but man it’s delicious!)
- sweet potato and beef for lunch
- almond butter packet on the way to the Chiefs game
- Ballpark hot dog – it was opening day….and Dollar Day – all hot dogs were $1. I had to have one. And man, it was delicious….and I’m paying for it now, haha. #oneanddone #rememberthislater
- 1/2 cup chicken salad
- sweet potato and beef
- Nana-cacao smoothie: frozen banana, 2 Tbsp almond flour, 2 Tbsp cacao chips, 1 cup almond milk – WOAH, eat with a spoon goodness. #winner
*I woke up feeling a little discouraged. I know I’m not in this for weight loss, and I have been feeding my hunger with Yes foods, so reduced caloric intake is not occurring. And I’m feeling better, I really am. But I guess I was expecting the craving-crushing to be happening already, so there’d be a LITTLE weight loss…. I’ve come so far from where I was just a few months ago, even a few weeks ago. Kicking soda? HUGE feat by itself. But…
I really want the hunger/craving/whatever is screaming for food in the afternoons to go away.
And hopefully in the next 10 days, it does. Fingers crossed.